If youre looking to buy new carpet for your home, we are here to guide you on the perfect carpet for your premises. Carpets are one of the most widely bought flooring items besides tiles. It is comparatively priced, offers many textures, comes in various styles and is easy to install. Most important, it is soft and warm to touch.
With numerous types of carpets available, making a decision can be quite confusing.
Carpets can be classified on the basis of how fibers are joined to their backing. In loop pile, they are joined and bent into tiny loops. Such carpets are low profile but highly durable and offer limited cushioning. Here sub types are called Berber loop and multi-level loops.
Another type of carpet is the cut-pile carpets. Here the yarns are cut and there are no loops. Thus, they are denser in nature and much more softer compared to loop pile. Cut piles can further be classified into several types such as:
- Plush – It gives a smooth, even texture with a formal look.
- Saxony – Here, the smooth finish is due to longer fibers. These are twisted in order to give each fiber more space. Longer fibers can lead to lingering footprints and dents due to furniture.
- Textured cut pile – The length of the fibers is uneven and theres a rough surface texture.
- Cable – Thick, long fibers and comfortable underfoot is present.
- Frieze – It has long fibers and is ideal for low traffic areas. It is also called shag carpet.
Types of Carpet Fibers
Fibers are the basic component of all the carpets. They can be synthetic or natural each offering different characteristics.
- Nylon is the most popular fiber because it is wear resistant and it durable. It is not good in stain resistance.
- Olefin offers high resistance to moisture, mildew and mold. It is ideal for use outdoors and basement. It is tougher compared to nylon.
- Acrylic is an inexpensive option compared to wool. Their availability is less.
- Wool is the most preferred fiber and is termed premier. It is a natural fiber, is durable and also stain resistant. Moreover, it is eco-friendly as well.
So, the above information is good to get you started on your journey to buying the perfect carpet. We also help you in selecting the right carpet through the right guidance. Get in touch with us for more information on selecting the perfect carpet for your living room.